Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Books, Books, Books

Hi!

Happy Wednesday! The week is half over!

So, I LOVE LOVE LOVE to read books. The main authors that I read are Karen Kingsbury, Robin Jones Gunn, Nicholas Sparks and the Bible. I was reading a Nicholas Sparks' book, Safe Haven, but then my Karen Kingsbury book, Longing, came in the mail and started Longing that second. Sorry Nick, but I had to start Longing. I wanted to share something lines from Longing that stuck out to me. When were I read a book and certain lines of the book stick out to me I underline then and put a post-it-note to flag the page (I also LOVE post-it-notes).

This one is a paragraph, but it is good:

"He spoke then about longing for holiness, for a closer walk with Jesus, for God's truth to speak louder than the noise of the world. "When we long for the right things, we find a different sort of love. The kind of love that will never let go of us, never let us down. Never walk away or disown us. A love that knows us and our flaws but stays anyway." He paused. "For us...to long for God is to long for a perfect love." (Page145)

I absolutely love the words I highlighted in red. It is was nice reminder of God's love for us. It made me stop and think and then smile. That is my God, our God.

On page 213 one of the characters talked about God's grace. It made me stop and think about the grace God as poured over me. That he died on the cross for my sins and that is the best gift of all. I love Christmas and all that goes along with it, but I think I like why we celebrate Easter better. That our God died on the cross for our sins and rose again three days later. But, I do love celebrating Jesus' birthday!


This is the 3rd book in the Bailey Flanigan Series. I recommend the series! And all of her books! (I am proud to say I own all her books and Nicholas Sparks and Robin Jones Gunn(most of hers). My husband thinks I am crazy for buying all of their books. Just love books and love having them on my bookshelf.)

I found another blog today, Our Little Urban Life, through The Small Things Blog. I love finding new blogs and getting new ideas. From Our Little Urban Life, she talked about giving a tour of her home through pictures, and I think I am going to do that. 

Well, have a great Wednesday! Remember! Psych, Modern Family, Up All Night, Happy Endings and Revenge are on tonight! I will have lots of shows to cuddle up and watch with my husband tonight! 

Nicole
P.s. if you are a BIG Target shopper like me, visit this site, http://www.likeacoupon.com/2011/11/target-10-gift-card-with-50-purchase/, and you can get a $10 gift card when you spend $50. I am about to go get some food for the rest of this weeks meals. 


No comments:

Post a Comment